Grand Central Market in Downtown LA is a historic open air market that originally opened in 1917. During the last two years, the market has been reinvigorated and new trendy gourmet stalls have opened and operate alongside the traditional produce, spice and taco spots.
Be sure to visit the iconic market with it's cool neon signs and great food spots. Prices are very reasonable and the choices are great.
Grand Central Market is located at 317 South Broadway, just 1 mile from Jerry's Motel (20 minute walk). 1 hour of free parking is available with a purchase of $10 or more. Make sure you save your receipt!
Market is open from 8am-6pm Sunday-Wednesday, and 8am-9pm Thursday-Saturday.
Highlights of popular eateries include:
- Egg Slut - Egg-centric breakfast menu.
- Berlin Currywurst - Comfort German street food includes bratwurst and paprikawurst
- DTLA Cheese - Serves domestic and imported cheese plates, sandwiches, salads and craft beers and wine.
- Belcampo Meat Co. - Butcher shop with a retro tasty food counter serving meaty favorites like the Marrakech Cheesesteak and the Belcampo Burger.
- Sticky Rice - Serves Thai street food like beef panang and mango sticky rice.
- Wexler's Deli - Traditional Jewish deli with great pastrami on rye and pickled herring.
- Olio GCM Wood Fired Pizzeria - 10-inch artisanal wood fired pizzas, focaccia salads and beer.
- Press Brothers Juicery - Organic fresh juices pressed daily.
- G&B Coffee - High end coffee shop hailed by the New York Times as having the best iced latte served in a cute chilled mason jar. What makes it so delicious is their house-made almond macadamia nut milk.