Every year, we have guests stay with us who will be attending the Rose Parade in Pasadena. For those international guests unfamiliar with the Rose Parade, it is a popular parade that has been running annually on January 1st for more than 125 years. It travels a 5 1/2 mile stretch of spectators, showcasing floats made out of - you guessed it - ROSES, as well as marching bands, cultural dance performances and more.
Options For Watching the Parade in Person:
1) Purchase official grandstand seats at Sharp Seating.
2) Watch curbside for free. Just note this will require waking up very, very early if you want secure a good viewing location. Keep in mind some locals even camp out the previous night!
1) Drive and park at one of the public lots. Just get there very early because they will fill up.
2) Drive and purchase parking in advance at Sharp Seating.
3) Take public transportation by following these steps from our hotel:
- Catch Bus #16/316 right across the street from our location at 3rd St and Lucas Ave.
- Get off at 6th St. and Hill St., which leaves you right in front of the Pershing Square Metro Station.
- From Pershing Square, catch the Metro Red or Purple line train toward Union Station.
- Get off at Union Station.
- From Union Station, catch the Metro Gold Line train toward Sierra Madre Villa Station.
- Get off at the Del Mar, Memorial Park, Lake or Allen stops.
Trains begin running at 5am on January 1st, with extra trains on the Gold Line toward Pasadena. This is an excellent option if you want to avoid driving and being stuck in traffic in the Pasadena area.
Enjoy the parade!